WELCOME TO MY KIND OF MYSTERY!
I have run it since 2014 and am happy you found it. This is the first group to cover every kind of story and book about mysteries, even biographies and tutorials, in any demographic. If you read any mystery material at all: this group is for you.
I created My Kind Of Mystery, in answer to excessive focus on the crime type. Because many think that genre is a synonym for mystery, rather than one branch; my favourites were excluded by the wording of challenges. I love solving MYSTERIES, far better than solving crimes. When hosts funnelled criteria into bingo cards, or capped publishing dates; the books I could qualify got squeezed out. I created a place that covers every type!
I learned a lot from the women who have hosted longer than me. I no longer have time to break-up genres and groups without prizes, feel like fruitless work. My criteria is simply to join and share, with optional festivities. Whether you would enjoy a place to tally your dabbling, or one home base for everything you read; I have been happy to contribute to the wonderful mystery community, for six years!
~ DETAILS ~
(1) Joining, via the linky button below and advertizing us, is the sole qualifier. Please make a page or post linking to this home base. Tracking challenges in one place is fine, if we are promoted in some way. If you do not have a blog, please use a public URL (not facebook). A Goodreads shelf would do. I am an active member, with an optional companion group.
(2) Participation is as relaxed or active as you like. Fill the accompanying review page with the books you read. There is no quota. Let’s see how we fare! If you write reviews: use the alphabetized buttons. If you do not review: save a bit of a list and type those titles, or your URL, into the comment box. You need not pop in a book at a time, unless your pace is a modest quantity per year.
(3) Watch for activities and conversations at my blog and contribute whenever the mood strikes. Solving each year’s My Kind Of Mystery logo, derived from a book I intend to read, is an on-going riddle. The more members we have, the better I can offer festivities! However, if all you just work away in our review buttons or comment box, that is all right.
Sometime in the year, before December: please tell me if you would like to be in my year-end prize draw. Since membership is the only criteria for eligibility, I like to draw and mail the treats the first week of December, to avoid raised postage rates each new year. Questions that occur to you, may be posed by comment or e-mail: RIEDELFascination(at)Gmail(dot)com.
(4) No matter when you join, count all relevant books from January to December 2019.
We run from FEBRUARY 1, 2019 to JANUARY 31, 2020!
We like seeing how many books we finish right up to December 31. We don’t have time to review and update websites on New Year’s Eve; nor do we want to be rushed at Christmas. It makes far better sense to catch-up in January, when we have breathing room. I keep my review buttons open a few months.
~ ~ ~ ~
~ JOIN! ~
I hope the many people who read a vast spectrum of My Kind Of Mystery literature, join me this 2019 and tell others about us!
~ ~ ~ ~
It is my pleasure to visit everyone’s participation. I can’t get through standard Blogspot comment boxes, if you use a captcha. Commenting at my blog is best, if you don’t use WordPress. You can count on me to reply.
* The headquarters page will be made soon.